Tecnium, Barcelona Spain, has been manufacturing plastic pumps for over 35 years. This extensive experience has been applied to a complete range of pumps using PP, PVDF as well as other special materials.
The range of horizontal pumps include:
- Type BN: a pump designed to the internationally acceptable Din standard. The range includes metal reinforcing of the pump casing, back pull out design, various seal arrangements. Flows over 100m3 /h and discharge pressures of 1000kPa can be handled.
- Type BVC: same long coupled pump as the BN type, but with flanged motor, requiring no baseplate.
- Type BH: close-coupled version of the above pump, to reduce overall capital cost.
- Type BX: smaller close-coupled pump without steel reinforcement for the flow rates up to 25m3/h and maximum discharge head of 25m.
- Type TM: magnetically driven pumps for applications where mechanical seals are not possible. The range covers flow rates up to 30 m3/h and 25m discharge head.
Some of the special design characteristics of the Tecnium pump are:
- The impeller has a strong internal mechanical core, which transmits all torque to the shaft via a standard shaft-key design. This reduces stress in the plastic material and improves operating life, especially under fluctuating temperatures.
- The mechanical seal is installed without causing strain on the plastic backplate of the pump. This is done by a special metal support incorporated in the metal casing design. As this support is not in contact with the liquid, it offers extra strength in this area and reduces movement.
- A replaceable shaft sleeve with O-ring sealing arrangement for easier maintenance.
- Impeller cap will seal the front end of the impeller under all circumstances.
- The impeller is fixed on the shaft and requires no adjustment. It is not affected in case of dry running.
- Full range of mechanical seals available.